7791Vote for Kerry, not for me

    Nov 2, 2004
      Hi All,

      A few of you have threatened (privately) to write in my name
      for President today. I urge you not to waste your vote.

      I disparaged Kerry in an editorial in the last Carfree Times
      at the same time that I urged a vote for him. My objection
      to his candidacy has been based largely on his seeming
      enthusiasm for continuing to fight in Iraq, rather than
      simply to withdraw and offer the Iraqis help in repairing
      the damage we have inflicted on their country. Perhaps it
      was politically impossible for him to say this.

      I do not doubt that both the USA and the world would fare
      better, much better, under a Kerry administration than under
      a second Bush administration. Kerry will bring the USA back
      into the ranks of nations and make possible some progress on
      the most important issues of the day, particularly climate
      change and energy.

      So, please vote today, and don't waste your vote.

      Thanks & regards,

      -- ### --