7742RE: [carfree_cities] RE: Visualize Car-Free Illichville.

  • CEB
    Oct 18, 2004
      YES!!!! Of course, I meant what would be the source in Illichville?

      Interestingly, as you may know Germany plans to close all of its nuclear plants in 2020 or so, or a little later? I am wondering what their source will be for all the electric trains they plan. Not sure if wind energy will do it. People cynically say that they will just import it from France or Czech.

      I have asked someone at Friends of the Earth in Germany to explain.

      Todd
      > Od: "J.H. Crawford" <mailbox@...>
      > Komu: carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com
      > Datum: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:03:53 +0000
      > Předmět: RE: [carfree_cities] RE: Visualize Car-Free Illichville.
      >

      > Todd said:
      >
      > >What would be source of juice (electricity) for train? In relation to the
      > >"On the train Towards the Future!" project under development, I am
      > >investigating the negatives of rail-guided mobility. One of them is that in
      > >relation to future high-speed rail network in the Czech Republic, a planner
      > >of some sort said that this network would be dependent on excess electric
      > >supply and he was talking about our controversial Temelin nuclear power
      > >plant working as planned...
      >
      > Any energy source can be used to power trains, one way or another.
      > Since they are the most efficient mechanically propelled vehicles,
      > you come out ahead. It doesn't matter if it's wind, solar, geothermal,
      > used fryer oil, or nukes, you get the most for your energy by putting
      > it into a train.
      >
      > Regards,
      >

      > -- ### --
      >
      > J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities