7518Re: transit and the single rider

  • hcfdave
    Jul 15, 2004
      Another aspect of this is that autoholics enter a completely
      altered state of conciousness when ...'behind the wheel'...
      They can forget about everything except their immediate
      vdeo-game mentakity, which the various fad technologies in
      newer cars accentuates. Often you hear autoholics say. "Yeah,
      my commute is therapeutic!"
      No matter that this ...'therapy'... all too often ends in murder and
      suicide, spews incredible amounts of deadly poisons into the
      air, and makes thae city virtually unlivable for everyone else! (as
      well as causing global warming and sucking the earth dry of
      ever-scarcer resources.
      Cars indeed ...ssssSUCK!! (the lifeblood of the earth, as well
      as ssSPEW!! poisons into it!...)
      DaveS (nocarsdave@...)

      (written in reply to the following and others...:

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic