7119Re: [carfree_cities] Heritage Conservation and Car free cities...

    Apr 1, 2004
      I will send this on to Uran Ecolgy as well; I think there are several
      people with the experience you're seeking there....

      Richard

      Min wrote:

      > hi, im doing a conservation action plan in my country,
      > it's already at its final draft phase. i just want to
      > know wether any of our car free members here have done
      > such study or experience in their respective field
      >
      > traffic is generate from landuse and building
      > use/activites. if tehre is total separation between
      > traffic and places in town, i think we need to have a
      > real support from the existence of real community and
      > an integrated transit system. but still we have to
      > give rooms for traffic. even in heritage conservation,
      > maybe we have to rechanelled the traffic system, but
      > we still let them flow in a another area. but we never
      > stop them totally. traffic give great effect to
      > heritage conservation. but we need really 'alive'
      > community in town to make it possible.
      >
      > what i see is that, only certain places can the adopt
      > the car free theories but some are not practical.
      > depends on how organic the town grows.
      >
      > all these 2 years i've been reading..and this is my
      > first post, by the way im from Malaysia and would like
      > to share opinion and experiencee with every respectful
      > individuals here. thank you.
      >
      > - Shahzarimin Salim
      > Johor Bahru, Malaysia

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "Until you stop looking for simple answers, you will not be happy. You
      will not even be human."

      RR
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic