6585Re: [carfree_cities] Re: carefree quality of life in nyc

    Dec 9, 2003
      Jym Dyer wrote:

> [...]
      Besides, noisy sidewalk dining is better than no sidewalk dining...at
      least you're out in the mix. People are striving to find enjoyable
      moments in their lives regardless of how difficult our present bad
      habits make it. It's really a sing that waht we strive for are
      conditions the majority seeks as well, but doesn't know how to find,
      simply because they see cars as a "natural" part of the urban
      landscape--till they go somewhere else.

      Richard
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity,
      an obligation; every possession, a duty."
      John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic