6045Bike-Friendly Cities in the U.S.

  • Apartments On 41st
    Jul 19 10:54 AM
      What U.S. cities are considered car-free cities (pedestrian cities)?

      I moved from Japan to a mid-sized city in Oregon, and I find it hard to get around without a car. In the city I previously lived in, I could find anything I needed within 10 minues' walk from the train station-- a department store was just 2 minutes' walk away from the station, a barber shop 3 minutes, McDonald's was right inside the train station, electronic appliances store 7 minues, post office 1 minute, a cleaner 30 seconds, and so on... and my apartment was near the train station. Now I have to walk 40+ minutes to get to the department store.

      Although this is obviously an extreme case, I'd like to find a place
      where it's more convenient for pedestrians. Any suggestions?

      Where do you live in Oregon?

      You should check out the following cities: Eugene, Corvallis, Portland.

      In California, check out Davis and Oakland/Berkeley.

      -Ken