5613Re: Urban automobile cost per mile
- Mar 4, 2003--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Jason Davies <jason@o...> wrote:
> I was talking about how much it costs to get
> around by bike: having to eat extra is part of that cost, and I *do* eat
> more, because I go through periods of not cycling much, then cycling
> a lot, and the amount I eat varies accordingly.I see at least 3 aspects to this;
- Most people in the US eat too much anyway, so if they started
bicycling, they would likely moderate their appetite and eat less.
- If they did so, they could save money by not having a gym expense
that they likely do not use anyway.
- The cost of an extra side at a meal is insignificant to the
$0.36/mile cost of operating the automobile.
The whole point is; What it the big picture?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>