5506Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Should bike racks be placed on public transit vehicles?

    Feb 5, 2003
      >but I don't see that this solves too many problems. Most of the time if you
      >ride somewhere you need to get back.

      I think you can hang on to the bike until you're done.

      >And you need kit you can trust, not
      >something with a slow puncture and damaged lights, bad brakes etc. Loan
      >bikes can be murderous.

      Some of these bikes are designed to be bullteproof--solid tires, that
      sort of thing. It hasn't apparently been an unmanagable problem in
      Copenhagen, and they recently increased their fleet size. The
      Amsterdam bikes are unique, so if you show up with one somewhere it's
      not supposed to be, then it's pretty clear that you've stolen it.

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic