4933Re: You need less space living in a good neighborhood

  • turpin
    Aug 6, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., "justinemarysmith"
      <justinemarysmith@h...> wrote:
      > In United States perhaps a small handful of
      > cities have neighborhoods as you describe.
      > Do you live in Europe or Canada?

      Hardly. I live in Austin, Texas, in the Hyde
      Park neighborhood. Much of Austin has become the
      typically sprawled city. But there are a handful
      of neighborhoods that are pretty convenient. I
      suspect the majority of people, in major cities
      throughout the US, (a) don't know that their
      cities contain such neighborhoods, and (b) are
      unaware of how much difference it makes, compared
      to living in the typical suburb.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic