4824Re: Americans want to live in big homes in the exurbs?!

  • mdh6214
    Jun 9, 2002
      I'm still trying to figure out a way to get it through to Americans
      that money to build roads is not pulled out of a hat. Since Americans
      hate taxes so much, all we need is a way to explain what roads do to,
      say, property taxes. Unfortunately, no elected official--or the media-
      -want to explain the truth.

      --- In carfree_cities@y..., Jym Dyer <jym@e...> wrote:
      > > "What makes central city areas so friggin' expensive?"
      >
      > =v= We're subsidizing the suburbs.
      >
      > > "How would people in American urban areas change their
      > > behaviors and lifestyles if transportation was unsubsidized?"
      >
      > =v= They would clamor for subsidy. The real question is, what
      > if the subsidy were optimized economically and ecologically?
      > <_Jym_>
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic