4710Re: [carfree_cities] RE: Plateau Mont-Royal

  • Rob Hines
    May 7, 2002
      >> No. I meant there car parking for residents and visitors. I envisioned
      >> turning a 6-fast-lane artery into, maybe 1 lane in each direction, and
      >> perpendicular parkings on each side (twice more parking than "standard"
      >> parallel street parking). I don't know if it's a good idea, as there
      >> might
      >> be some conflicts between traffic on the lane and people getting in or
      >> out a
      >> parking space.

      Commuters from Laval are going to have to be forced on mass transit. I
      think that is the only viable solution. They can't be kept from
      traveling downtown and moving traffic to another artery will only move
      the problem.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic