3329Re: [carfree_cities] Municipal Political Structures

  • duane cuthbertson
    Jun 1 1:32 PM
      The message seems to be hitting many avenues in the US but can we get some
      action. Here is another article for you to enjoy or get frustrated at:

      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/03/0329_cars.html

      Just in case you were wondering how the city of Dallas is doing in their
      quest to cover the metro in Light rail lines, here is there annual report
      for 2000. It's interesting to me since I will more than likely be moving
      there soon. A friend of mine and I concluded that in it's present state one
      could live car free in Dallas on the rail line and have access to most all
      necessities.

      www.dart.org/annualreport2000.htm

      DC