2463Re: [carfree_cities] Squash the 6 lobes?

  • Mark Watson
    Jan 31, 2001
      Wouldn't tighter curves slow the metro down? And make it more noisy?

      Are we talking about making the 'loop' of each lobe 'linear'? Like the
      spokes of a wheel. IMO, this only helps some bike/ped trips & makes others
      longer.

      Or 'folding' the lobes themselves next to each other? Why would you do this
      unless you are constricted by the local geological features? And, assuming
      you are starting fresh, the most efficient spot for the 'hub' is in the
      center. Working from what exists is a different story...

      Mark
      Work to become, not to acquire

      Mark Watson __o
      `\<