190Re: [carfree_cities] "Solving the problem of the automobile"

  • eyrehead
    May 1, 2000
      Sam Hodgkinson wrote:

      > "Solving the problem of the automobile"
      >
      > Well, it's a bloody big one, isn't it?
      > Where can we start?...
      >
      > Who is the person responsible???
      >
      > Can we resurrect Henry Ford and give him a good spanking?
      >
      > I wonder - I'd certainly love to leave the biggest bruise on his bum!

      It makes me foam at the mouth, that commercial that quotes Henry Ford extolling the
      automobile as a way we can all enjoy the wide open spaces. Those wide open spaces
      have been subdivided and the owners of the houses are stuck in traffic jams.

      Martha
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic