1817Re: [carfree_cities] Noise

  • Philip D Riggs
    Nov 2, 2000
      The noises frustrating me most these days are loud car radios and overly
      loud motorcycles. When the bass of a car system can rattle my windows
      from 300 feet away it is excessive. And the high pitch whine of a
      motorcycle zooming from a stop sign raises my anxiety level. I wish every
      city in the US would adopt some sort of noise pollution. Has Europe
      addressed these problems, or are Europeans more conscious of the bother
      these things cause? I think one of the side benefits of the car is the
      isolation from the problems they cause. Concern for neighbor has
      disappeared from America. I laugh when I hear G. Bush's plan for public
      support of social programs. Nobody cares about the people around them
      when they are isolated from the problems of the poor, sick, and elderly.

      Philip Riggs
      Colorado State University
      Fort Collins, Colorado
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic