12486Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Driving Less v. Eating Less for Weight Control

  • Bob Matter
    Jan 11, 2013
      On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Karen Sandness
      <sandness.karen@...> wrote:

      > I know that I've gained weight since I moved back to the very car-oriented city of Minneapolis, which is full of "you can't get there from here" situations if you try to navigate via public transit.
      >
      > In transit,
      > Karen Sandness

      Oy vey :(. I've been gaining weight despite being carfree for 10
      years and cycling, walking, and taking transit. Now, I am faced with
      having to buy a car in order to get to the train station because a
      major bridge is being demolished and replaced, and the detour route is
      too dangerous to cycle on; two narrow lanes in an industrial zone
      bordered by a toll-road embankment and oil storage tanks, no street
      lights, no observable speed limit, no enforcement. Here's a Google
      street view of the worst part http://goo.gl/maps/K7cQc.

      -Bob M.
      --
      If you change the subject line in your reply there's a good chance I
      will miss it and neither read nor respond to it. I do not reply to