12416Re: [carfree_cities] Arctic ice disaster looms

    Oct 10, 2012
      Hi All,

      I let Michael A. Lewis's post through because it has a viewpoint that I think we're going to hear a lot of in the future.

      The biggest problem is that it sets up a false dichotomy:

      1) do nothing and let nature take its course

      2) resort to geo-engineering with all sorts of as-yet "unknown unknowns."

      There is, of course:

      3) Set about making massive cuts in greenhouse gas emissions. This is easy, economical, sustainable, and probably effective. No wonder this option is off the table.

      Best,

      Joel

      J.H. Crawford
      mailbox@...