11848Re: [carfree_cities] carfree phone app

    Jul 3, 2010
      Thanks, Mark.

      I should have been clearer. I'm not talking specific
      journeys but comparative ways of living. So, for
      instance, let's compare living in a suburb of New
      York City with living carfree in the city itself.
      How much energy do you use (the average person)
      to get to work, heat/cool the house, and so forth.
      One leg of the comparison could be the Reference
      Design for carfree cities.

      What I aim to do is show people how energy-intensive
      auto-centric suburbs are compared to less car-dependent
      places, and to places where there are no cars.

      Best,

      Joel

      J.H. Crawford . Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... . http://www.carfree.com