11745Re: Riding the bus changes her view

  • Sheila
    Mar 2, 2010
      Good article but it gets a bit rickety at times.
      I would love to see profiles of bus riders. In
      our county riders range from a Chair of Academic
      Department who owns and operates a ranch with her
      husband, to folks struggling with homelessness
      and really, everything in between. Our transit
      system really is far reaching. Most folks mention
      pocketbook savings as a reason for riding. I
      push the environmental aspet of bus riding versus
      car driving.
      -Sheila

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, rickrise@... wrote:

      > This story was sent to you by: rick
      >
      > A little condescending, but actually pretty good for the LA Times....
      >
      > --------------------
      > Riding the bus changes her view
      >
      > A self-described 'snob' makes the switch to public transit. Though frustrating, it proves enriching in ways she never expected.
      >
      > By Ari B. Bloomekatz
      >
      > February 27 2010
      >
      > The first time Jacquelyn Carr decided to take a bus in Los Angeles, she felt as if she were navigating a new world.
      >
      > The complete article can be viewed at:
      > http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bus-snob27-2010feb27,0,7122671.story
      >
      > Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic