11631Re: [carfree_cities] There they go again, burying poor old Vélib.

  • Jym Dyer
    Nov 2, 2009
      =v= Can you shed some light on this? The vandalism was in the
      news before, but I seem to recall a refutation that it was just
      J.C. Decaux exaggerating things to try to change the terms of
      their contract. This article quotes a sociologist who claims
      that it is instead a class-based conflict.

      =v= I've also seen some class-based grumblings online about the
      Bicing program in Barcelona, that it was taking parking space
      and facilities away from people using their own (non-sponsored)
      bicycles. I haven't found any media coverage of that viewpoint,
      though (at least not in English).
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic