11291Re: [world-carfree-news_eng] World Carfree News #65 - April 2009

  • Christopher Miller
    Apr 1, 2009
      I *do* trust that Toronto will revert to Canada once we clear the
      first of this month...

      Although I must say having to clear US customs on the various roadway
      entry points must be a formidable and effective alternative to a
      congestion charging scheme - as long as they allow people coming in on
      the GO trains special dispensation for easy entry!

      Coming to think of it, if this annexation *does* extend through May,
      two full months of car commuters of having to deal with customs might
      change some habits...

      On 1-Apr-09, at 7:52 AM, bulletin@... wrote:

      > ____________________________________
      >
      > WORLD CARFREE NEWS >>>
      > ____________________________________
      >
      > Edition 66 – April 2009 - English version
      > ____________________________________
      >

      > Contents:
      >
      > QUOTATION OF THE MONTH

      > (...)

      > GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
      >
      > - Urban Transportation 2009, Abu Dhabi, UAE (April 26-29)
      > - Bike Summit, Toronto, US (May 28)

      > (...)

      > - Bike Summit, Toronto, US (May 28)
      > Join leading thinkers, practitioners and decision-makers who are on
      > the fast
      > track to creating bikeable communities. Topics include: sharing
      > international
      > and Canadian best practices and perspectives of cycling; how to
      > address
      > barriers and implement bicycle-friendly policies; and recent best
      > practices in
      > bike parking and bike stations.
      > http://www.torontocat.ca/main/bikesummit2009

      (...)