11279Re: [carfree_cities] Re: "Biden rolls out $1.3 billion for Amtrak"

    Mar 25, 2009
      Hi All,

      Eric said:

      >MagLev will never catch on if for no other reason that it must have
      >100 percent new RoW every mm of the line.

      There are two other reasons MagLev is not going anywhere:

      It's three times as expensive.

      It uses three times as much energy.

      Finally, we simply don't need the speeds that are possible.
      Conventional TGV is faster than what is really needed or
      desirable.

      Best,

      Joel