10521Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Transit pass - Best Weapon Against Climate Change?

    Oct 17, 2007
      On Oct 17, 2007, at 3:36 PM, Eric Dupre wrote:

      > The LA Times article (and possibly the respondent
      > below) bases their conclusions on corn-fed cattle. It
      > would seem that grass-fed cattle would have less
      > impact (less methane), and would actually contribute
      > to soil fertilization, reducing the usage of natural
      > gas for man-made fertilizers. (Section 3 of The
      > Omnivore's Dilemma) Does anyone know how to calculate
      > the difference?

      Although this is getting off-topic, I suggest that all interested
      parties check the site for Eating Alaska, a new documentary by
      filmmaker and photographer Ellen Frankenstein. The film itself is
      about eating locally (both meat and non-meat foods sourced within 100
      miles), which is important for a carfree city on various levels, and
      the site has links to much relevant material.

      The film is not yet available; the site (which I built for her) is
      part of the fundraising effort.