10203E-mail-A-Friend: Car-Free in L.A.

  • rickrise@earthlink.net
    Apr 2, 2007
      Car-Free in L.A.
      How I Joined Downtown's Elite 11.3% of Transit Users

      I joined the ranks of the carless last week. It didn't come easy, though. In fact, it was downright scary as I reluctantly handed over the pink slip to the new owner. What would I do if I had a last-minute appointment? Would I want to hassle with walking or taking the bus after a long day? What if I had errands to run or needed to meet someone at a restaurant?

      The panic quickly dissipated when I took the A DASH the next day to a breakfast meeting in the Arts District. The trip took all of eight minutes and cost 25 cents, dropping me a block from Caf´┐Ż Metropol.

      For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

      http://www.ladowntownnews.com/articles/2007/04/02/news/opinion/edit01.txt

      This e-mail contains information for the purpose of tracking abuse.
      If you believe this email is offensive or may be considered spam,
      please visit the website http://abuse.townnews.com and create an
      incident report. From this site you can also block messages like
      this from sending to your email address. Please retain this Mail-ID
      [5f75ede5c6c66e7d434ac150eedcb06e], it's needed to view information
      associated with this message. Click the link below to view the incident.
      http://abuse.townnews.com/?MailID=5f75ede5c6c66e7d434ac150eedcb06e

      Read the acceptable use policy: http://systems.townnews.com/public/aup/