10154Re: [carfree_cities] Re: The Zen of Cars, Bikes, and Feet

    Jan 25, 2007
      some stuff from:

      https://www.greenway.org/advocacy/advosound.htm

      Nothing compares with the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
      -JOHN F. KENNEDY, Thirty-fifth US President (1961-63), 1917-63

      I thought of that [the theory of relativity] while riding my bike.
      -ALBERT EINSTEIN, American scientist, 1879-1955

      too wordy:

      Without question, bicycling is an efficient, economical and environmentally sound form of transportation and recreation. Bicycling is a great activity for families, recreational riders and commuters. Hillary, Chelsea and I have bicycles. (President Bill Clinton, in Bicycling magazine, 1992)

      Dear Lord, if you'll pick 'em up, I'll put 'em down.
      -WALKER'S PRAYER

      A good walker leaves no tracks.
      -LAO-TZU, Chinese philosopher, 604-531 BC