Re: Ocean Liner Memorabilia

  • sscitymilw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hi all,

      FYI. May be of interest to some. I think they also had something Clipper
      related at one time (Chuck's probably already got it :)

      The Clipper also sent Volunteer Appreciation cards for a "Perfect Storm"
      viewing at the Harbor Theatre, Saturday, November 5th. The Clipper postcards
      provide admittance. If any Clipper volunteers on the list may have been
      inadvertantly ommitted, please let me know and I'll pass it on to them.

      City of Milwaukee and Silversides will be passing out Wesco cards soon. When
      people turn in the cards and buy $10 worth of designated products, Wesco will
      donate $3.50 to the organization listed on the card. This would be an easy
      program for the Clipper to do as well, if they were interested. Wesco prints
      the cards and sends the check, all we have to do is pass out the cards and
      hope people redeem them.

      The SPCM's Ghost Ship fundraiser was a phenomenal success. Not sure of the
      totals, but reportedly on Saturday people were waiting an hour and a half in
      line for tours. Program Director Jed Jaworski, local youth volunteers, and
      our adult volunteers all deserve credit for pulling this one off. This
      summer there were days with 6 people signing up for tours. It's a welcome
      change to have people hand you money as fast as you can take it (I'm not
      kidding, either). A solid advertising campaign and local sponsors also
      played an important role.

      George

      In a message dated 11/2/00 7:58:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,

      << Subj: Ocean Liner Memorabilia
      Date: 11/2/00 7:58:04 AM Eastern Standard Time
      From: ships@... (Ocean Liner Memorabilia)
      To: ships@...

      Message From: NEW STEAMSHIP CONSULTANTS
      "World's Largest Dealer of Original Ocean Liner Memorabilia".
      E-Mail: ships@...

      This is NOT an unsolicited E-Mail. You have been sent this
      message because at some point in the past, you [or someone using
      this email address] had asked for our information. Please direct
      this E-Mail to the interested party. In the event you are no
      longer interested, please send us a message to "unsubscribe"
      and we will remove your name from our list.

      We have recently updated all of our catalogs on the web. Please
      go to http://www.oceanliner.com/catalogs.htm to see our updated
      catalogs of Ocean Liner Memorabilia.

      We recommend that new collectors check out these two catalogs in
      particular:
      http://www.oceanliner.com/bonzcat.htm
      and
      http://www.oceanliner.com/collset.htm

      Some of our most popular catalogs can be directly accessed:
      Menu Catalog http://www.oceanliner.com/menus.htm
      Lithographs Catalog http://www.oceanliner.com/lithos.htm
      Deck Plans Catalog http://www.oceanliner.com/special.htm
      Post Cards Catalog http://www.oceanliner.com/pcph.htm
      White Star Line Deck Plans
      http://www.oceanliner.com/wsplans.htm
      Passenger List Catalog http://www.oceanliner.com/passlist.htm
      Featured Items http://www.oceanliner.com/feature.htm
      Graphically Superb items http://www.oceanliner.com/spec7.htm

      Currently, there are 22 different catalogs of Ocean Liner
      Memorabilia on our web catalogs. You can see all of them at
      http://www.oceanliner.com/catalogs.htm

      We no longer offer printed catalogs, as all listings can be seen
      on the Internet.

      Please note that sometimes our web server becomes very busy
      when new catalogs are posted. If the site is slow or temporarily
      unavailable, please try again later. (You may also try accessing
      our alternate web site at http://www.oldships.com/catalogs.htm )

      Thank you!

      Alan Taksler
      New Steamship Consultants
      World's Largest Dealer of Original Ocean Liner Memorabilia
      ships@...
      WWW: http://www.oceanliner.com

      You can also visit our alternate site
      http://www.oldships.com