Carferry mini vacation

  • wpelky
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6 3:52 PM
      Last week I took Terry Bruce's City of Saginaw 31 model to the Saginaw County Historical Society. I think it will have a good home there.

      On my way back I went to Manistee and toured the City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia.

      To get home to Wisconsin I hopped aboard the SS Badger. Three carferries, 730 miles, in 40 hours. More details and photos posted over on RC Groups: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1968708

      BTW does anybody have any info on the fish tug between Acacia and C of M?
    • Pepsi24Tony5
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6 5:07 PM
        Hi Bill,
        did Chuck Steffen go with you???
        did you take the Badger over to Michigan?? if so, when did you leave??
        I was at Manitowoc on Friday to see her come in & go out. Then back on Sunday to see her come in.
        I'm sure the Saginaw will have a good home in her name sake town.
        Bob Kalal

        --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, "wpelky" <wpelky@...> wrote:

        > Last week I took Terry Bruce's City of Saginaw 31 model to the Saginaw County Historical Society. I think it will have a good home there.
        >
        > On my way back I went to Manistee and toured the City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia.
        >
        > To get home to Wisconsin I hopped aboard the SS Badger. Three carferries, 730 miles, in 40 hours. More details and photos posted over on RC Groups: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1968708
        >
        > BTW does anybody have any info on the fish tug between Acacia and C of M?

      • Randy Yeo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6 5:08 PM
          Richard E. was brought there when the Native Americans docked their fishing boats there. Needs a lot of work and has kind of been abandoned there.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7 6:04 PM
            Supposedly the Richard E has been sold or is for sale. We also have been told that of the 2 fish tugs they have docked here one will be sold this summer. If the Richard E is sold, it will be out of here; if they sell the other tug, the Richard E will be moved to that tugs dock.

            To: carferry@yahoogroups.com
            From: deckstirparnell@...
            Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:08:34 -0700
            Subject: Re: [carferry] Carferry mini vacation

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2014
              Thanks for the link.  That's a lot of photos of your recent tour of City of Milwaukee, which I saw in early stages of museum yrs ago.  Your Badger pic as the aft end approaches dock connection is best I've seen.  Didn't know about RC site & forums before.