Lake Express Facebook - Trash Talking

  • Michael McGuire
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
      There is a lot of misinformation on the Lake Express Facebook page - particularly about wind turbine part transportation. It might be worth pointing that out to other readers on FB. Lake Express has no expertise or particular knowledge regarding special loads crossing Lake Michigan and maybe it should say so.

      Michael McGuire
      Grand Rapids, Michigan
      mdmcguire(at)yahoo(dot)com

    • Bill Christopher
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
        Does anybody transport wind power components by barge? How can it be efficient when you would have to transload the part twice? Of course that increases the opportunities for damage.

        As in railroad days, that's the beauty of true carferries: no transloading. But of course I'm preaching to the choir.

        BC

        "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
      • Bill Christopher
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
          Good idea, Michael, to take the fight to Lake Express via Facebook. But as I am one of the 43 people in the US who still refuses to do Facebook, I will have to defer to someone else.