CoM 80th/Acacia Dedication

  • Robert Strauss
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2011
      Here is a schedule of events of next weekends events in Manistee:

      Friday August 12:
      Informal get-togethers. Grill ready 5:30-7:30 PM with ahmburgers or bring-your-own-meat
      Slide shows on board CoM in evening, brings slides or pictures to share. Projector & extra carousels will be available.

      Saturday Aug. 13:Noon: Art Chavez on the sinking of the Per Marquette 18
      2PM: Talk about life aboard Acacia & other Coast Guard boats
      4PM:Dennis Hale talks about the sinking of the Daniel J. Morrell
      5PM:Pizza & Taco bar dinner
      7PM:Informal Q&A with Captain Hobbs of the SS Badger

      Sunday Aug 14:
      8AM-Board Meeting
      10AM:Annual Meeting
      11:30: Coast Guard Memorial Service & Acacia Dedication

      Please note times may be subject to change.

      Also from Noon-5PM Saturday a Silent Auction will be held on board. Items available include:

      13x16 1967 C&O Ferry Schedule Poster
      13x15 Framed 'CUNARD LINES' Reproduction Advertisement Poster
      2 paper coasters: 1 blue C&O, 1 red Ludington Ferry
      Set of 3 Doug Goodhue-designed LMC 8" Commemorative Christmas Plates
      Georgian Bay Line Souvenir Plate
      11x17 City of Milwaukee watercolor print
      11x14 SAINTE MARIE b&w photo
      15x12 framed SPARTAN sketch
      19x26 Framed Ludington Pier Light/Carferry sketch (signed 'Betts')
      10x15 Max Hanley Badger Photo
      3 matted 10x15 Ferry Prints (Midland, Badger & Spartan/AKA)
      Framed Max Hanley City of Midland print
      12x15 framed Carferry sketch
      11x14 Badger/Ludington Pier Light sketch (signed 'Phil Jackson')
      Set of 4 Matted postcards (City of Midland, Badger, Ann Arbor No.7, and the Pere Marquette fleet)
      2 8x10 SOUTH AMERICAN prints
      Pere Marquette Travel Mug
      Blue Canvas Blueprint of HUll #422
      Orange BADGER lifejacket
      Steam Gage
      Brass Westinghouse DC Generator Plaque
      Ann Arbor & Chessie envelopes & other paper items
      12 Carferry related DVDs
      Badger 'Crossings' magazines & 1989. 90, 1996-2010 brochures

      Some auction items will have a minimum opening bid. Will post pictures of some of the items available soon.

    • ddh6734
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
        A straw poll for those going over to Manistee from the Wisconsin side: What Badger crossing will everyone be taking over and back?

        Dan Hoenecke

        --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, Robert Strauss <ss43bob@...> wrote:

        > Here is a schedule of events of next weekends events in Manistee:
        >
        > Friday August 12:
        > Informal get-togethers. Grill ready 5:30-7:30 PM with ahmburgers or bring-your-own-meat
        > Slide shows on board CoM in evening, brings slides or pictures to share. Projector & extra carousels will be available.
        >
        > Saturday Aug. 13:Noon: Art Chavez on the sinking of the Per Marquette 18
        > 2PM: Talk about life aboard Acacia & other Coast Guard boats
        > 4PM:Dennis Hale talks about the sinking of the Daniel J. Morrell
        > 5PM:Pizza & Taco bar dinner
        > 7PM:Informal Q&A with Captain Hobbs of the SS Badger
        >
        > Sunday Aug 14:
        > 8AM-Board Meeting
        > 10AM:Annual Meeting
        > 11:30: Coast Guard Memorial Service & Acacia Dedication
        >
        > Please note times may be subject to change.
        >
        > Also from Noon-5PM Saturday a Silent Auction will be held on board. Items available include:
        >
        > 13x16 1967 C&O Ferry Schedule Poster
        > 13x15 Framed 'CUNARD LINES' Reproduction Advertisement Poster
        > 2 paper coasters: 1 blue C&O, 1 red Ludington Ferry
        > Set of 3 Doug Goodhue-designed LMC 8" Commemorative Christmas Plates
        > Georgian Bay Line Souvenir Plate
        > 11x17 City of Milwaukee watercolor print
        > 11x14 SAINTE MARIE b&w photo
        > 15x12 framed SPARTAN sketch
        > 19x26 Framed Ludington Pier Light/Carferry sketch (signed 'Betts')
        > 10x15 Max Hanley Badger Photo
        > 3 matted 10x15 Ferry Prints (Midland, Badger & Spartan/AKA)
        > Framed Max Hanley City of Midland print
        > 12x15 framed Carferry sketch
        > 11x14 Badger/Ludington Pier Light sketch (signed 'Phil Jackson')
        > Set of 4 Matted postcards (City of Midland, Badger, Ann Arbor No.7, and the Pere Marquette fleet)
        > 2 8x10 SOUTH AMERICAN prints
        > Pere Marquette Travel Mug
        > Blue Canvas Blueprint of HUll #422
        > Orange BADGER lifejacket
        > Steam Gage
        > Brass Westinghouse DC Generator Plaque
        > Ann Arbor & Chessie envelopes & other paper items
        > 12 Carferry related DVDs
        > Badger 'Crossings' magazines & 1989. 90, 1996-2010 brochures
        >
        > Some auction items will have a minimum opening bid. Will post pictures of some of the items available soon.

      • dcramer02
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
          I'll be crossing east Friday afternoon. Back home Sunday evening.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
            I failed to mention that I'll be going over on the Friday 1:55PM Manitowoc boat and returning on the Sunday evening crossing.

            Dan

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
              Here's a link to photos of some of the items available in the auction. Kepp checking back as more may be posted by Friday

              https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2125451669043.112638.1628453092&l=1effd7e914&type=1

              To: carferry@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                Correction:Silent Auction will run 11AM-4PM, winners will be notified at 5PM

                To: carferry@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                  Also phone bids will be accepted during the auction. Pnone the giftshop at 231--723-3587

                • Bernard
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 11, 2011
                    Hi Folks,

                    I hope all of you who will be in Manistee this weekend have a great time! I wish I could be there, too -- the trip from Virginia is a big deal. Think of me when you are hanging around late at night and/or down in the engine room.

                    I hope the recording of the presentations goes as planned and that I will be able to get a copy.

                    Next year...

                    - Bernard
                  • Pepsi24Tony5
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
                      Hey all, I posted pics in the photo gallery on the City of Milwaukee Party & Acacia Dedication.
                      Thanks. Bob
                    • Ellison LW
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
                        Bob:

                        Thanks for posting your pictures. It was especially nice for those of us who couldn't attend.

                        Elly Wefel
                        Blue Ridge, VA

                        --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, "Pepsi24Tony5" <k.kalal@...> wrote:

                        > Hey all, I posted pics in the photo gallery on the City of Milwaukee Party & Acacia Dedication.
                        > Thanks. Bob

                      • Bernard
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 17, 2011
                          Yes, Bob, good pics. We Virginia folks appreciate it.

                          Wish I coulda been there!

                          Bernard Haxel
                          Lovingston, VA