Yahoo Carferry Badger Cruise

  • Pepsi24Tony5
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
      Hello Group,
      A couple of Carferry Nerds have asked if there will be a Yahoo Cruise this year. I haven't seen or heard anything yet. So I've been chatting a little with Art Chavez about this. He said/thought
      "About half the poeple at last fall's cruise said that they would want it every other year, so if we do something it might be very informal with out a program or tour, just a regular priced boat ride and getting together on the same trip. What do you think"?
      I told him Yes, I was one of those who said maybe every other year. But I need a Carferry Fix. Should I post the idea on the Yahoo Page??? With no tour or program, they might want to hold off!!
      His response was "Yeah, you might suggest that we just do an informal meet this year, as some people can't make it this fall and others want it next year. I want to make at least one Badger trip this year too. When she's still a coal burner".
      Which would be a great motivational reason for others to do the same.
      So, I'm asking!!!! Who would be interested?????????
      Thank You for Your Time!!
      Bob Kalal (The Name Tag Man)
    • Ken Ottmann
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
        I'm easy.
        And it's only a hours drive to Manitowoc for me. Count me in.
        Ken O

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
          I would be interested. I would prefer later end of September over a weekend if that sounds good to everyone.

          Best Regards,

          Erik

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
            Maybe the weekend of the 18th or 25th of September ???

            Erik

          • DLeistikow@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
              Bob K: I would be interested in a Fall Cruise on the Badger. My
              participation would depend upon someone being home with my wife, as she
              is an Invalid, requiring limited care.

              Don L.

            • Clyde Kellay
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
                I would love to come out to Michigan the end of September,  it would be my first carferry ride in over 60 years.

                Clyde Kellay

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
                  Hi Erik:  Looks like I screwed up.  Not unusual with me and computers.  I ment  to sent the message to the carferry group.  I will try again.

                  Clyde

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
                    I would love to go out to Michigan in last September for a Badger trip.  It would be my first carferry trip in over 60 years!

                    Clyde Kellay

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
                      The family and I are already planning on taking the Badger to Ludington On 9/11, returning 9/13. If the Yahoo cruise ends up being that weekend, count me in. If there are programs Saturday evening like last year, that would be cool.

                      Rob

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 9, 2010
                        Bob:

                        We can probably make either date.

                        Would prefer Sept 25th.

                        Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

                        Elly Wefel
                        Blue Ridge, VA

                      • Erik Jonasson
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 10, 2010
                          After revisiting my calandar, I vote for the 25th as well .

                          Erik

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 10, 2010
                            OK, if we do it on the 25th, how many will go?????
                            I'm thinking, Art, Ken, Elly, Erik, & myself so far.
                            Let us know!!

                            --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, Erik Jonasson <cmstpps@...> wrote:

                            > After revisiting my calandar, I vote for the 25th as well .
                            >
                            > Erik

                          • Ellison LW
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 24 6:53 PM
                              Bob:

                              Turns out we had family business that took us to Michigan last week, so we won't be able to make this weekend.

                              We road last Sunday and as usual had a great time.

                              Have fun tomorrow.

                              What about next year?

                              Elly Wefel
                              Blue Ridge, VA