SPCM update

  • sscitymilw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 12:40 PM
      Hi everyone,

      The next SPCM Board meeting will be held Saturday, March 6 at Manistee
      Blacker Airport. The schedule is as follows:

      12:00-1:00 Discussion about Memorial Day weekend and the overnight program
      1:00-2:00 Board Meeting-election of officers
      2:00-5:00 Strategic Plan development with Pam Evans

      It is our intent to complete the Strategic Plan by Memorial Day weekend.
      Additional planning meetings are likely.

      Members are welcome to attend.

      Thanks,

      George

    • Robert Strauss
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 3:49 AM
        Hi George, when you get the chane send me a cliffs note version of what went on at the meeting.

        Bob

        To: carferry@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2010
          Hi everyone,

          Just wanted to advise that with the help of Recover Michigan, the Recovery
          and Reinvestment Act and the Michigan Non-profit Association, we now have
          two new computers. We've purchased a laptop and desktop with Intel i3
          processors. These items will replace a P4 desktop with 384 MB Ram and a laptop
          with internet connectivity issues. The computers are part of a $2,146
          grant to help upgrade technology and increase our organizational capacity. We
          are also implementing Quickbooks Point of Sale in the gift shop.

          We recently hosted a Business After Hours with the Manistee Chamber of
          Commerce, and we'll be making this an annual July event.

          Overnights are now in progress aboard the CofM, and tours are now being
          given aboard the USCGC Acacia. We are still working on electrical and dock
          issues for the cutter (shore power).

          Our membership form has now been updated with the correct address and year,
          and is accessible at:

          _http://www.carferry.com/membership/membership-form.pdf_
          (http://www.carferry.com/membership/membership-form.pdf)

          If you haven't renewed for 2010, or would like to join the SPCM please
          complete the above form and send in. Randy Walker is now maintaining the
          website and will be making periodic changes. We've also applied for a grant to
          revise the site.

          The next newsletter will be completed shortly and will advertise the date
          of the annual meeting. Sorry for the delay, but the above computer
          equipment will be helpful to keep things on schedule.

          Thanks,

          George