exhibit

  • sscitymilw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      Just wanted to advise everyone that we'll need to pay our $5,000
      acquisition fee for our new exhibit by Friday, June 5th. Appreciate it
      if folks would send their contributions to S.S. City of Milwaukee, P.O.
      Box 394, Manistee, MI 49660. You may also send them to our 99 Arthur
      St. address. Please write Acacia on your checks.

      We are still working out the logistical details and approvals. Final
      crew requirements to move the exhibit from Chicago to Manistee will be
      dependent upon the Captain and Tom Read's approval, but folks
      contributing $200 or more and volunteering in work sessions will
      receive greatest consideration. We hope to move the exhibit in June if
      possible.

      We will be holding a work session this weekend in Chicago. If you are
      interested in helping please let me or Pat know.

      Thanks,

      George
    • Les Bagley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
        You know, those of us out here in the hinterlands who aren't around much STILL don't know what exactly the new "exhibit" is, making it hard for us to determine if we want to invest in it or not. Sorry, but my curiosity is piqued!
        Les Bagley

[...]

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4120 (20090601) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • Nathan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
          Les
          I believe the answer that you are looking for could be hidden in this
          portion here

          Appreciate it
          if folks would send their contributions to S.S. City of Milwaukee, P.O.
          Box 394, Manistee, MI 49660. You may also send them to our 99 Arthur
          St. address. Please write Acacia on your checks.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Acacia_(WLB-406)

          Nathan Leindecker

          --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, "Les Bagley" <divcoclub@...> wrote:

          > You know, those of us out here in the hinterlands who aren't around
          much STILL don't know what exactly the new "exhibit" is, making it hard
          for us to determine if we want to invest in it or not. Sorry, but my
          curiosity is piqued!
          > Les Bagley

        • John Belliveau
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
            Why all the "cloak and dagger"? If money is being asked to be raised for something, shouldn't the whole story of why it's needed be right front and center? It says on Wikipedia that the Acacia is at her new home in Chicago. Is it coming to Manistee for a visit? Maybe I "missed the boat" on something here, but as they say "inquiring minds like to know" :)

            To: carferry@yahoogroups.com
            From: boatnerd06@...
            Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 22:09:48 +0000
            Subject: [carferry] Re: exhibit