Grant Brown's New Ann Arbor Car Ferry Book!

  • Art Chavez
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2008
      I just got off the phone after a nice chat with Grant Brown of
      Frankfort, Michigan. He is pleased to announce that his long-awaited
      book on the Ann Arbor fleet has just been published by the University
      of Michigan Press.

      "Ninety Years Crossing Lake Michigan: The History of the Ann Arbor
      Car Ferries" is a 6" x 9" book with 144 photos and 296 pages, and is
      available in both hard and softcover.

      I just ordered my copy off the University of Michigan Press website.
      The book is available in the Frankfort area, according to Grant, and
      I am sure will make the Great Lakes circuit of bookstores before long.

      By all accounts this is the definitive record of the Ann Arbor car
      ferries, given the amount of time and research that went into the
      book's production. I'll post my review after my copy arrives.

      Congratulations, Grant! We look forward to this welcome addition to
      our car ferry archives.

      Art Chavez
    • nullman524@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2008
        Art

        Have you got any more info on the Badger?

        Thanks

        Norm Ullman
        Whitehall

        Read reviews on AOL Autos.