End of the Landsdowne

  • poodles53218
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2008
      Friend forwarded the following on-line news story from the Buffalo News this morning; the
      ferry is being scrapped but the two former Milwaukee Road observation cars apparently will
      be saved.

      http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/314214.html

      Sic transit gloria mundi.

      Lance Burton
    • Robert Strauss
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2008
        Not too surprised to hear this news-have been expecting it ever since the move to Buffalo. News story says they may get someone to save the engines (which are even older than the Lansdowne, having come from an earlier ferry) but I have my doubts about that-would mean someone would have to come forwrd immediately with the cash to remove and move the engine and have someplace to store it, a long shot at best.

        To: carferry@yahoogroups.comFrom: lanceb@...: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:51:46 +0000Subject: [carferry] End of the Landsdowne