Two great land cruises - Branson Limited and Tall Ships

  • Frank Corley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      American Rail has limited openings on the Branson Special (May 27 - June 1) featuring seven great shows including a show on a riverboat. The fare is only $1,799 from Chicago and $1,699 from St. Louis, double occupancy in double bedroom. Suites and single occupancy rooms available. Tour departs Chicago and St . Louis May 27 and returns to St. Louis and Chicago June 1. Tour includes meals and beverages enroute on train and all meals while in Branson. Also includes all transfers between train, hotel, shows and meals. Train will follow the scenic White River for nearly 200 miles. Please call 313-300-8411 to place your order. Tour is also open to Amtrak approved private car owners – please call 708-758-6680 for details.

      "Tall Ships Unlimited"
      Seven days, six nights private land cruise to historic Virginia
      Tall Ships at Norfolk
      400th Anniversary of Jamestown Colony
      plus Colonial Williamsburg
      June 5 – 11, 2007

      American Rail Excursions, Inc. is offering a very exclusive small group rail cruise to the Tall Ships Festival in Norfolk. Tour also includes tours of Jamestown Colony, now celebrating its 400th anniversary and Colonial Williamsburg. This tour will not be offered to the general public but you are invited.

      We board in Chicago Union Station at 5:45 PM, Tuesday, June 5. We get the party going with a Bon Voyage Party with hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres and beverages to your order.

      As is standard with our tours, you’ll enjoy fine meals on board; prepared fresh by experienced chef and served by attentive stewards. Full beverage service is included in your fare.

      We’ll travel eastbound through Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington and down to Newport News, VA.

      You’ll enjoy the scenic Harper’s Ferry area. Passengers will have some time in Washington to see the sights both eastbound and westbound. The most scenic areas will be traversed in daytime.

      While our cars are parked for three days in the Newport News area you will enjoy these included features:

      Lunch at Waterside at Norfolk
      Cruise on American Rover Tall Ship
      Shopping at Waterside Norfolk
      Dinner at Famous Joe’s Crab Shack at Waterside Norfolk
      Guided tour of Jamestown National Park (original site)
      Lunch at Jamestown Settlement Café
      Guided tour of the Jamestown Settlement (reconstructed settlement)
      Dinner at historic 18th Century Tavern in Historic Williamsburg
      The Ghost of Williamsburg Candlelight Walking tour
      Guided tour of Colonial Williamsburg
      You will also have some free time in Colonial Williamsburg for shopping

      We are scheduled back into Chicago at 8:40 AM, Monday, June 11 at 8:40 AM.

      The fare for this very exclusive full-featured tour is only $2,899 per person, double occupancy in double bedroom.

      Important Information – Please Read
      American Rail Excursions, Inc. welcomes everyone who wishes to travel with us on our public trips. However, because this is vintage railway equipment produced in the 1940's and 1950's, there are no special facilities available for those passengers that might have a disability.. We welcome those passengers that are disabled, but please consider the suitability of these trips carefully. We encourage you to call us at 708-758-6680 or e-mail us at roger@... for additional information for your specific situation.
      Responsibility
      In the responsibility of their own negligence, neither American Rail Excursions, Inc., The Silver Sleeping Car Company, Crown Rail Inc., Mid America Rail Car Leasing, Pacific Union Sleeping Car Co. L.L.C.,, Mid-American Railcar Leasing, LLC or IFE Leasing nor their agents shall be responsible for cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitution of equipment or any act of omission whatever by Amtrak, transportation companies, of any other persons providing any of these services necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness, or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from the loss or the negligence of any person not their direct employee or under their exclusive control.
      Transportation companies, Amtrak, etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board train or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by Amtrak or transportation companies and passengers or purchasers of this tour, American Rail Excursions, Inc., The Silver Sleeping Car Company, Crown Rail, Mid America Rail Car Leasing, Pacific Union Sleeping Car Co. L.L.C., or IFE Leasing Company assumes no responsibility in this connection. Enrollment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
      Payments are not refundable unless the trip is cancelled. Tickets are transferable with our permission. We reserve the right to cancel a trip prior to departure, in which case your entire payment to us will be refunded without further obligation on our part. Smoking is not permitted on these cars (except in vestibules between cars and on the ground at the longer station stops). As is the case of all travel regardless of destination, we cannot guarantee clear weather all the time and clouds, rain or other weather conditions beyond our control may obscure scenic highlights. We have no control over the various transportation companies providing services for the excursions, and thus it must be understood that changes in the equipment, dates, routes, or other accommodations, though unlikely, can occur. Travel insurance is recommended for any extended trip to protect your interests.

      ORDER FORM
      Send payment and completed order form to:
      American Rail Excursions
      PO Box 2345
      Dearborn, MI 48123-2345

      Order by phone 313-300-8411 anytime.

      For special group accommodations and pricing call 313-300-8411
      We desire ensuite rooms 

      Please list below names of all passengers traveling with you.

      Tall Ships Unlimited, June 5 - 11, ‘07
      Chicago boarding only
      Round Trip, Double Bedroom, One Upper and One Lower Berth, Double Occupancy
      ______ @ $2,899 Per passenger = __________

      Round Trip, Deluxe Suite, Two Lower Berths, Double Occupancy
      _______ @ $5,199 Per passenger = __________
      Round Trip, Double Bedroom, Lower
      Berth, Single Occupancy
      _______ @ $5,199 Per passenger = __________

      Total__________

      Name (s)___________________________

      Street Address________________________________

      City___________________________________________

      State ________________ Zip__________________

      Telephone, Day _____________________________

      Evening _____________________________

      Cell Phone ____________________________

      3 Digit Code on back of card________

      Expiration Date __________

      Payment: Checks or money orders are preferred due to the high fees now charged by card issuers. However, we do take credit cards.
      By your signature below, you agree that your credit card charge will appear on your statement as a charge from American Rail, Inc., 1701 Sauk Trail, Sauk Village, IL 60411-4955, Ph. 708-758-6680.
      Check  Money Order  VISA  MasterCard  Discover 
      Signature (Name as on credit card)