Carferry models on display

  • rpfeiffer6
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is in or will be visitng
      southeastern Wisconsin. I recently paid a visit to the public library
      in Hartland, WI and to my surprise I found models of various boats on
      display. Included were the Chief Wawatam, the City of Milwaukee,
      Milwaukee Clipper, a sidewheel Detroit River ferry (the name escapes
      me), as well as other non-carferry boats. These include Edmund
      Fitzgerald, Civil War ironclads Merrimack and Monitor, whalebacks
      Christopher Columbus and Meteor, and a huge model of the Titanic. I'm
      probably forgetting a few. Anyway, if you're in the area it's worth a
      stop. Here's the link to the library for location and hours.

      http://www.hartlandlibrary.org/

      Enjoy!
      Rob

      PS I know I'm posting this on April Fool's Day, but it's not a joke!
    • DLeistikow@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Thanks, Rob..... As I am in New Berlin, it won't take me long to get
        there.....

        Don L.

      • Paul Fischer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          Yo Don: Let me know what you think of the display; and also how long it will be kept there. Barbara and I will be back in Wisc for a testemonial service for my Aunt and Uncle, ( she passed away on Feb 1 in Arizona) and then again for a boat and car meet at Karl John's in June. I'd like to take a side trip and see that.

          Thanx, Paul

          Thanks, Rob..... As I am in New Berlin, it won't take me long to get
          there.....

          Don L.

        • Rob Pfeiffer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
            Apparently the display is long-term, but the librarian I talked to mentioned that occasionally the model builder (sorry, didn't get his name) rotates models in and out. If you need more info you can contact the library:

            Hartland Public Library
            110 E Park Ave
            Hartland, WI 53029
            P: 262-367-3350