Subtle Differences

  • John Brandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      I am curious what some of the subtle diffences were between the 42 and
      43 in their original configuration? For example, I have noticed that
      the 42 had/has two deck lights mounted on the front of the pilot house
      just below the windows. Based on early pictures 43 never had this
      treatment.
    • HGillette@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
        no 2 ships or carferries are exactly alike it was true with the 21
        &22,31 &32. the spartan and the badger. usually the spacing of widows
        below the pilot house is most noticed. look closely you will notice the
        difference. Homer

        from; homer gillette
      • dan coburn
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
          Hi John,
          From a note I seen on my prints, there was a
          difference in the shutters on the side of the ship at
          the time they were built, this is the only difference
          I have found. From the photo I examined, over the
          years, minor details were added and subtracted.
          The Spartan has sat in Ludington, for the past
          twentysix years in its 1979 configuation. In modeling
          the Badger, I have examined the Spartan as it sits in
          Lundington and taken much of my overall details as the
          Badger would have looked in its RR days in the late
          seveties. This usually consisted of sitting in the
          parking lot for a few hours facing the Spartan, and
          letting the mind wander, while waiting for the Badger.
          Dan

          http://mail.yahoo.com