Re: [carferry] Re: Viking

  • Erik Jonasson
    Message 1 of 55 , Nov 1, 2004
      Dan,

      Thanks for the info. I had heard of lans to turn the
      AKA into a "yacht" of some sort and thought that was
      pretty far fetched...

      Erik G Jonasson

      --- dcramer02 <djcramer@...> wrote:

      > The last time I was through Marinette/Menominee the
      > Viking was still
      > tied up at K&K. I haven't heard any recent news
      > about her. I saw a
      > blurb in Boatnerd awhile back about the AKA.
      > Apparently the new owners
      > didn't pay the bill for the tow from Ludington to
      > DeTour, so the
      > towing company chained the door or welded it shut or
      > something. There
      > is no work being done on her as far as I know.
      >
      > Dan Cramer
      >

      > --- In carferry@yahoogroups.com, Erik Jonasson
      > <cmstpps@y...> wrote:
      > > Dear Group,
      > >
      > > Has anyone heard anything new about the Viking ?
      > On a
      > > related note has anyone heard anything abouth the
      > > Arthur K Atkinson ? I know she was towed to
      > DeTour.
      > > Also, regarding the Viking weren't there some
      > pictures
      > > posted of her interior somewhere ? Thanks in
      > advance
      > > !
      > >
      > > Erik G Jonasson

      > > Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We
      > finish.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Dave Rickaby
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 15, 2012
        Hello all,

        Just a note of interest. We, the Wisconsin & Michigan Model Railroad Club of Marinette, WI and Menominee, MI, will be hosting our annual model train show and Fall classic car show September 8th and 9th in Marinette. In conjunction with our show we are working with the present owners of the Viking, which is docked in the Menominee River, to provide guided tours of the vessel. The details are still being worked out and I can provide all of the pertinent info once we nail it down. Also to note, our club will be holding an informal banquet at the local Elks Club on Saturday evening. Art Chavez from Milwaukee is a noted Carferry historian and will be our guest speaker. This banquet is open to anyone and is $15 per plate. Tickets for the S.S. Badger will be given away at this banquet as well. If anyone is interested in this venue please contact me offline at the above e-mail address. Thank you for your time.