Carferry Simulator?

  • dan coburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • dan coburn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
        Hi All,
        Though I don't own one, yet, I have looked at rail
        simulator games for PCs. I have also noted updates for
        the games that can be obtained, as in the E&LS. A
        thought crossed my mind and I'm putting it out to the
        group. Is it possible to create an upgrade to simulate
        carferry loading and unloading, to even include the
        lists and even an loading accident such as a
        derailment or capsizing if improperly done? Would it
        be possible to simulate different slips with different
        ships, ( Badger, City of Midland, City of Milwaukee,
        Chief Wawatam, ect) and even different locations,
        (i.e. Ludington, Frankfort, Mackinaw, ect).
        Hope this stirs someone a lot more computer literate
        than me to make it possible, if nothing else, give me
        a good excuse to invest in a rail simulator game just
        for the carferry program.
        Dan

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Andre
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          You've got my interest.... Andre

          dan coburn wrote:

          >Hi All,
          > Though I don't own one, yet, I have looked at rail
          >simulator games for PCs. I have also noted updates for
          >the games that can be obtained, as in the E&LS. A
          >thought crossed my mind and I'm putting it out to the
          >group. Is it possible to create an upgrade to simulate
          >carferry loading and unloading, to even include the
          >lists and even an loading accident such as a
          >derailment or capsizing if improperly done? Would it
          >be possible to simulate different slips with different
          >ships, ( Badger, City of Midland, City of Milwaukee,
          >Chief Wawatam, ect) and even different locations,
          >(i.e. Ludington, Frankfort, Mackinaw, ect).
          >Hope this stirs someone a lot more computer literate
          >than me to make it possible, if nothing else, give me
          >a good excuse to invest in a rail simulator game just
          >for the carferry program.
          > Dan

        • Les Bagley
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
            Mine too! Les

            > > Though I don't own one, yet, I have looked at rail
            > >simulator games for PCs. I have also noted updates for
            > >the games that can be obtained, as in the E&LS. A
            > >thought crossed my mind and I'm putting it out to the
            > >group. Is it possible to create an upgrade to simulate
            > >carferry loading and unloading, to even include the
            > >lists and even an loading accident such as a
            > >derailment or capsizing if improperly done? Would it
            > >be possible to simulate different slips with different
            > >ships, ( Badger, City of Midland, City of Milwaukee,
            > >Chief Wawatam, ect) and even different locations,
            > >(i.e. Ludington, Frankfort, Mackinaw, ect).
            > >Hope this stirs someone a lot more computer literate
            > >than me to make it possible, if nothing else, give me
            > >a good excuse to invest in a rail simulator game just
            > >for the carferry program.
            > > Dan
            > >

            > The Carferry List is sponsored in part by the Society for the Preservation
            of the S.S. City of Milwaukee.
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • cy svobodny
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004