fast ferry over budget

  • dcramer02
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hello group,

      I am new to this group and have found it a great wealth of
      information.

      I read in the Appleton Post Crescent newspaper this morning that the
      new ferry terminal in Milwaukee is going to cost a million and a
      half more than originally budgeted. Since the deal is already signed
      with Lubar, the taxpayers get to supply the excess funds. Doesn't
      it really make you respect a guy like Charles Conrad who spent is own
      money to start a buisness?

      If anyone is interested in seeing some pictures, I took some of the
      Badger leaving Manitowoc on the final trip of the 2003 season. I
      also have some shots of her in Sturgeon Bay, and 1 or 2 "silhouette"
      shots from her evening departure from Manitowoc after the 2003
      Wisconsin shoreline cruise. If anyone is interested let me know, I
      can upload them to the group here or send them direct.

      Dan Cramer
    • ss43bob@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        Here's a link to an article in the Milwaukee paper about the budget
        overrun:

        http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jan04/203963.asp

        Groundbreaking for the terminal is to be this coming week.