Re: [carferry] Federa funding was / New poll for carferry

  • Les Bagley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      The Badger should also consider JOINT marketing with the cat. Over on one,
      back on the other. That would speed the trip, give travelers TWO options to
      cross the lake, and give the LMC at least part of the pie if someone wanted
      to try the old vs. the new.
      Les B.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Les,

        I'd vote for that. Half a pie is better than no pie provided profits (cool
        whip?) are sufficient. Wish I would have rode the AA while they and the C&O
        boats were running, too....

        In regards to lodging, in the future maybe the CofM could market the Badger
        Boatel when it's open, and vice-a-versa.

        Also like the Chicago-Mackinac idea. Dieselize the Spartan for the Manitowoc
        run, and run the Badger on the "scenic" route. American Coastal Voyages was
        basically wiped out by 9/11, so only the foreign ships are running to my
        knowledge. Having a Jones Act ship available would have advantages.

        Maybe the next step will be to see who gets a second boat running...?

        See ya,

        George

      • DLeistikow@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
          Les Bagley; I like your idea even better than mine.........

          Don L.