info needed

  • kujawa's
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
      Hi everyone:

      John Teichmoeller rmighpr@... of the Rail Marine publication
      "Transfer" has some question I can't answer. Is there anyone out there that
      can shed any light on these questions?

      You can reply to the group, me or John.

      Thanks in advance

      Roger Kujawa - Morton, Il.
      ark@...

      Join the Lake Michigan Railroad Carferry Group at:

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
        Roger,
        The C&O sold the 32 to the N&W in 1969. I believe she went into service as the Roanoke in 1970.

        Bob VandeVusse

        I am planning on running a nice photo of barge Roanoke with tug MV Cassidy
        on the back cover of Transfer No. 36. Does your database allow you to
        determine the following:

        1. When was City of Flint 32 cut down to barge service?

        2. What is current status of MV Cassidy? (Roanoke is still for sale in
        Toledo, but I thought I remembered the Cassidy was sold but can't locate the
        information.)

        We will also have a really interesting article by Art Chavez on the railcar
        fastening gear used on the Great Lakes car ferries. I have the article and
        captions but am still anxiously waiting for his photos which sound really
        interesting.

        Thanks,

        JT

        The Carferry List is sponsored in part by the Society for the Preservation of the S.S. City of Milwaukee.