21579JOB - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / Questrade-Armenia
- Aug 31, 2016Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch
TITLE: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
START DATE/ TIME: As soon as possible.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will provide
strong expertise and planning in the areas of automated and manual QA
activities for the applications developed by the Questrade Technology
Group (QTG), with particular focus on client services (account opening,
client portal and other client-facing applications), the trading
platform, web components and high volume data flow and transactions.
- Write test strategies, test plans, and test cases throughout the
development life cycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for QA activities to other
- Develop and direct the development of test scripts using automated
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound
design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Assist in building the test automation architecture;
- Work closely with development to perform early testing on components
prior to integration builds;
- Work closely to business analysts, functional specification writers and
user experience designers to perform early validation on requirements and
other documentation, in order to uncover gaps and ensure test cases can
be written effectively;
- Manage defect tracking; proactively identify risks and report them to
the management; monitor and report results;
- Report the QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders
informed on deliverables and timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- 5-10 years of experience with solid progression in responsibility;
- Working knowledge of scripting for automated testing; knowledge of
- Working knowledge of testing web-based applications; automation
experience based on Selenium is desired;
- Working knowledge of Windows environments, Linux/ Unix and Mac OS is
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle; methodology and
- Advanced knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing
concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product,
integration and acceptance testing;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing
and test plans;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and
research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communications skills;
- Desirable knowledge of equities trading concepts;
- Desirable experience with testing high performance systems;
- Experience working in an agile environment is nice to have;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in automation testing approaches and
- Ability to work independently.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive, plus an advanced benefit
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are welcomed to email
their CVs to: info@... . Kindly indicate the position title in
the subject field.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of
this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its
website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 31 August 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 September 2016
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information, please visit: www.questrade.am.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities
available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am
website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.