Carcar surnames frequency

  • vipaleonar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
      (posted 4-Dec-2009 in Carcarfamilies@...)

      The total number of registered voters in the Comelec computer-generated report is 55,205.

      But this surnames tabulation of mine was all manually counted from the list (I don't understand what ever makes me suffer through these things). As such the result can be a little inaccurate, if I may be excused a little, especially since I was rushing to meet my self-imposed deadline, and thus some surnames which should be here I may have missed.

      Please take note that this is just the number of voters in the voters list carrying the particular surname. Besides, the frequency of the surnames does not mean that is the entirety of the family, because intermarriages between Carcar families have blurred the family lines.

      I have noticed too many surnames on the list carried by only one voter. A possible explanation for this is these individuals are not really from in Carcar and are just employed here or related and staying with Carcar relations. Or women married to non-Carcaranon spouses working abroad, or to foreigners themselves. I was just taken aback here because we would assume that surnames would be carried by entire families, or at least a married couple. Be that as it may, let's just hope this does not represent some electoral hanky-panky. The most puzzling result however, for those who know Carcar, was there was only one Bayot, too.

      An ongoing daily tally is taking place here and names will come in, and others will be dislodged. Much like election canvassing. And as soon as I will proclaim the final tabulation, I shall immediately be open for protests. Again much like election canvassing. Anyway, new entries not in the previous tally are in boldface. We're targetting the top 100.

      See the top surnames on the voters list in the Files section:
    • PEARY JR. ALEONAR

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
          updated tally 10-Dec-2009 on Files/Carcar Data: