Re: Alesna

  • John
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 13, 2009
      Hi Vip,
      You were just at the 90th birthday party of Miss Vivisima Alesna. Mrs. Pilar Lopez just turned 99, would that make her the oldest Carcaranon you think?

      --- In carcarfamilies@yahoogroups.com, Veronica Villaflor <vevillaflor@...> wrote:

      > thanks Vip,
      >
      > Veny

    • vipaleonar
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 13, 2009
        I'd Mrs Lopez (born 12 Oct 1910) is the best bet for oldest person in or from Carcar. Because you know me, unless we're sure we can't be too sure.

        Some problem with mobility, but she still has the sharpest mind. Maybe the Yap blood...not the mobility but the mind.:)

        --- In carcarfamilies@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johneada@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vip,
        > You were just at the 90th birthday party of Miss Vivisima Alesna. Mrs. Pilar Lopez just turned 99, would that make her the oldest Carcaranon you think?

      • PEARY JR. ALEONAR
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 15, 2009
          Our carcarfamilies group have candidates, too. Galo's mother, Rosario, is 98, and Tes Villaluz-Heyrosa's grandmother, Catalina Vocal-Sato (her mother Nieves's mother) was buried two weeks ago at 96 if I'm not mistaken. Vilma Cong-Divinagracia's mother, Isabel, is 91 (Vilma just wrote me).

          On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM, vipaleonar <vipaleonar@...> wrote:

          I'd Mrs Lopez (born 12 Oct 1910) is the best bet for oldest person in or from Carcar. Because you know me, unless we're sure we can't be too sure.

          Some problem with mobility, but she still has the sharpest mind. Maybe the Yap blood...not the mobility but the mind.:)

          --- In carcarfamilies@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johneada@...> wrote:

          > Hi Vip,
          > You were just at the 90th birthday party of Miss Vivisima Alesna. Mrs. Pilar Lopez just turned 99, would that make her the oldest Carcaranon you think?

        • florecita tumusok
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 15, 2009
            Our mother, Cecilia Alfafara Florido will be 99 in February.

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 15, 2009
              I should have remembered your mama right away, Ritz. Imagine she was my father's high school teacher. And how old is her 'Noy Benny Campañon (her brother-in-law and our groupmember Lies' daddy and Apple's grand-dad)?

              And no carcarfamilies yahoogroup member in her family but Carcaranon Tentay Noel-Sandiego (Pilar's sister-in-law) will be 96 this December. Is she the oldest living Noel now?

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 15, 2009
                It makes me think we carcaranons must have good genes... in spite of the abundance of chicharon dripping with fat, and the lechon and paklay at parking, plus bocarilyo and ampao, our folks are living long...  Dili lang ta magsalig!

                On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:28 AM, florecita tumusok <ftumusok@yahoo. com> wrote:

                Our mother, Cecilia Alfafara Florido will be 99 in February.

                Our carcarfamilies group have candidates, too. Galo's mother, Rosario, is 98, and Tes Villaluz-Heyrosa's grandmother, Catalina Vocal-Sato (her mother Nieves's mother) was buried two weeks ago at 96 if I'm not mistaken. Vilma Cong-Divinagracia's mother, Isabel, is 91 (Vilma just wrote me).

                On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM, vipaleonar <vipaleonar@gmail. com> wrote:

                I'd Mrs Lopez (born 12 Oct 1910) is the best bet for oldest person in or from Carcar. Because you know me, unless we're sure we can't be too sure.

                Some problem with mobility, but she still has the sharpest mind. Maybe the Yap blood...not the mobility but the mind.:)

                --- In carcarfamilies@ yahoogroups. com, "John" <johneada@...> wrote:

                > Hi Vip,
                > You were just at the 90th birthday party of Miss Vivisima Alesna. Mrs. Pilar Lopez just turned 99, would that make her the oldest Carcaranon you think?

              • sherwin madrio
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 19, 2009
                Hi VIP:

                i saw carcar families on-line at a brand new WORDPRESS site!..... beautiful and organized! i also saw a couple of pics i posted here (now posted there) so i presume it is your good effort VIP. and no-problem when posting pics kay atoa na'...

                i am browsing thru now about re-tracing the ALESNA roots and yes, we are also a branch to the Alesna family...good posts.best regards

                wowie=)

                P.S. I never get to thank you when you attended my wedding. so here's my humble chance...we wish to extend gratitude to you VIP. thanks! wowie&farrah

                Our carcarfamilies group have candidates, too. Galo's mother, Rosario, is 98, and Tes Villaluz-Heyrosa's grandmother, Catalina Vocal-Sato (her mother Nieves's mother) was buried two weeks ago at 96 if I'm not mistaken. Vilma Cong-Divinagracia's mother, Isabel, is 91 (Vilma just wrote me).

                On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM, vipaleonar <vipaleonar@gmail. com> wrote:

                I'd Mrs Lopez (born 12 Oct 1910) is the best bet for oldest person in or from Carcar. Because you know me, unless we're sure we can't be too sure.

                Some problem with mobility, but she still has the sharpest mind. Maybe the Yap blood...not the mobility but the mind.:)

                --- In carcarfamilies@ yahoogroups. com, "John" <johneada@...> wrote:

                > Hi Vip,
                > You were just at the 90th birthday party of Miss Vivisima Alesna. Mrs. Pilar Lopez just turned 99, would that make her the oldest Carcaranon you think?

                New Email names for you!
                Hurry before someone else does!
              • vipaleonar
                Message 8 of 17 , Oct 19, 2009
                  I've steered this to another thread because we were all over on the Alesna thread...all over except Alesna.

                  I'm trying to do all I can to get folks interested in making their family trees. I thought maybe if another site that also profiles persons, houses, monuments and the base family trees of some families would do it, so I made this site. It was already waiting in the wings since last year, but I was waiting for our yahoogroup to really fill up with files.

                  That is a personal blog while this is an ongoing forum and exchange of notes and files of family tree makers.

                  Message 9 of 17 , Nov 29, 2009
                    Do you know that, we, in Sta. Catalina came with a flooded fiesta..nov 24 at 1 a.m. a ton of water came rushing into the streets and terraces of our low lying homes....hayahay kadtong mga dos andanas pero ang nasa ubos pwerting pamanlas para dayon ang fiesta. atong tanod pagkaUgma (Nov.25) nanigkamot pero hugaw ghapon dalan, unsaon fiesta namista pud. hahaha. FYI everyone.

                    @ FLOR:

                    I dont know, is there a study that correlates any side effects of pork FAT induced cheaply into the body such as the way chicharons are doing as we digest them? or puff rice induced with heavy syrup on the Ampao--our sweet delicacy..and hey is there really a pomelo called takoy? Hmmm...?

                    Message 10 of 17 , Nov 29, 2009
                      Sorry to hear about the flood, and glad it didn't cause too much havoc.  Carcar had a massive flood in 1947 (?).    My mother was nursing my baby sister then and she lost her milk from the stress!  (Bughat is the term).

                      Are there statistics for Carcaranons who die of heart attacks, strokes, and fat related illnesses compared to the general population?  I think Carcar is the only town in the Phil that has inasal everyday.  I remember the days when other towns had meat in the market only on market days once a week.  I once had the impression that the only vegies the Carcaranons ate was papaya as atsal.
                      Sherwin, Takoy pomelo is named after Takoy, the guy who supposedly grew the sweetest  seedless pomelos in Carcar.  BTW, how are you related to the Madrios from Aurora - Huber, Roxane, Jeannette, etc?

                      Message 11 of 17 , Nov 29, 2009
                        Ritz,

                        we must be woefully short cardiovascular statistics in Carcar because most people die at home and nobody calls for autopsies to determine the exact cause of death. And of those who die in our town hospital, is there somebody making a tally?

                        As far as we know beginning with my great-grandfather Pedro Aleonar, most in our family died of the heart-hypertension-diabetes trio. We say our family is so prone to one or a combination of the trio that we seem to contact it just by looking at each other.

                        Speaking of Takoy, he was Eustaquio Abarquez, but although he achieved his crowning glory in Carcar, he was a native of Talisay. That's why I could not include him in my list of outstanding Carcaranon but did mention him along with other non-natives in the wordpress site.

                        Message 12 of 17 , Nov 29, 2009
                          @Flor:

                          i can attest. Si uncle Pampee had mild stroke last year and prognosis indicates too much chicharon down his veins. Mi-complicate to diabetis og kidney..after the tinuwa diet, nakarecover tawn.

                          Re Huber/Roxanne/Jeanette and all., my 1st degree cousins, and are majority now in australians. The cousins are Romanillos, in mid-initial, from Oslob--where my wife hails too. How do you know them? =)

                          @Vip:

                          I had a dissertation submitted at school related to environment, a selective research subject, the result>>> undocumented ang TAKOY says Dept of Agri. who casually replied a letter sent. For me, sad to say its a myth uptoday..lupigon ni sa limonsito.

                          Sa health: May White Big Hospital Natukod pa sa baracca, finally experts can look into any statistical diseases including CANCER pa ana' cguro.

                          As usual, be careful what we put into the mouth. Even vegetables are GMO, rare na ang organic types--puro antibiotic og artificial fertilizer gipatubo. Not harmful to animal or plant but they can be to humans..Delikado, we swallow everything carcinogenic on it as temporal relief from hunger.

                          --- In carcarfamilies@yahoogroups.com, florecita tumusok <ftumusok@...> wrote:

                          > Sorry to hear about the flood, and glad it didn't cause too much havoc.  Carcar had a massive flood in 1947 (?).    My mother was nursing my baby sister then and she lost her milk from the stress!  (Bughat is the term).
                          >
                          > Are there statistics for Carcaranons who die of heart attacks, strokes, and fat related illnesses compared to the general population?  I think Carcar is the only town in the Phil that has inasal everyday.  I remember the days when other towns had meat in the market only on market days once a week.  I once had the impression that the only vegies the Carcaranons ate was papaya as atsal.
                          >
                          > Sherwin, Takoy pomelo is named after Takoy, the guy who supposedly grew the sweetest  seedless pomelos in Carcar.  BTW, how are you related to the Madrios from Aurora - Huber, Roxane, Jeannette, etc?

                        • Vilma Divinagracia
                          Message 13 of 17 , Nov 29, 2009
                            Death certificates should indicate the (immediate-) cause of death. Most would probably say cardiopulmonary arrest (mao bitaw nga paktay, sa Insik pa) rather than the health history itself. Tracing it would be laborious kay di pa man computerized ang tanang medical records and some probably do not routinely seek medical care. The Health Dept should have some morbidity and mortality statistics, though.

                            Bitaw, is the emergency hospital sa Baraka considered the main health center sa Carcar? When I was there in 2007, the dispensary was used by policemen while off duty, I think. Previous to that, it was used by candle vendors as their place to sleep at night.

                            In one of my doc visits here recently, I was advised by one of the nurse case managers to trace back three generations of each side of my parents, and list out the causes of death and any other significant health information. I told her that unfortunately I only knew my mother's father and did not meet my father's parents at all. Papa has been dead since 2001 and Mama cannot speak after her stroke almost two years ago so their family history is gone with them. When I attempted to start our family tree a few years ago, even getting up to our parents (-branches) was already too laborious for me and I always assumed I had tomorrow to work on it further. Sadly, that proved to be too late now. So I promised my kids that our family tree and health history would be fully detailed from my parents, and down to three generations.

                            Vilma

                            Message 14 of 17 , Nov 30, 2009
                              @ Vilma:

                              Anything in moderation ok na'. We eat or taste a lil pra dili pud limot sa deliciousnesses.....regarding diseases, I wish i were a statistician to answer with figures basin puhon..But dna ta mhibulong kong sakit na hisgotan, for me, high blood dayon ang mag-una kong taga carcar ka.

                              BTW ang dispensary sa plaza naconvert into museum man tingale? On the new hospital 100 bed capacity for cityhood requirement. Nasa baracca ni duol ila Johnny T. Paras. We hope to have good facilities nga madali-dali og kasarangan serbisyo, this is actually good news sa mga retirees og indigent patients mahuman man gane na next year.

                              @ Floor:

                              1947 nga Flood?! wapaman maminyo si lolo dado ani! hahaha... pero im sure namanlas pud tog apil sa mga lapuk ngadto sa karaang balay sta. catalina. kugihan tawn to akong apohan sa trabahong simple og hinugaw bsan retired techer to. bless you lolo daddy.