Re: Carcar records

  • PEARY JR. ALEONAR
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 9, 2008
      Reconstruction of Carcar families

      I thought the Alesna family would give me the most problem, but I have about 9 files of the family but all of them may have come out of one couple--Felipe and Agueda--only of different generations.I have at least 7 second generations--probably all children of Felipe-Agueda.

      So, as of now my biggest problems are the Alegado and Alcoseba families. The Alcoseba Family tree compiled by our family tree forerunner and dedicatee, Mons. Cesar Alcoseba, seems to have many other branches not covered in it.

      Aside from Cipriano-Catalina, parents of Mons. Alcoseba's earliest person, Carmiano, there are two other first generation lines which could be a brother and sister of Cipriano, or older siblings of Carmiano.

      My Alegado files, of which I belong too, is too tangled right now to even talk about it.

      Families that are relatively easier because they can be traced to one definite person are: Alegrado (Cebu City), Tangarorang (Bohol), Aleonar (Bohol), Alcudia (Cebu City), Barcenilla (Cebu City), Villarosa (Cebu City), Aleguiojo (Bohol), Simporios (Bohol), Galicano (Bohol), Nacua (San Nicolas), Sarmiento (Cebu City), Sagolili (Cebu City), Poncardas (Cebu City), among others.
    • PEARY JR. ALEONAR
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 19, 2008

        My personal searches…very exhilarating week for me…i found 3 important records:

        We always thought my paternal grandmother, Dolores's mother was Gaudiosa Alo Rodecindo, although nobody we knew could tell us who her parents were.  Moreover, we'd been using that middle name based only because of her close relations in Bonifacio st., Cebu City where she was born--the Alo and Alo-Noel families there. Then just 2 weeks ago, I found right in the carcar records the death of Don Dionisio Alo 1-Nov-1887. His wife was Eleuteria Rodecindo. The record presented the possibility that it may be the other way around—that we were related to the Alos instead because of the Rodecindo wife, and Gaudiosa's mother may be an altogether different family, not the Alo.

        Cebu City records were all destroyed but I had always been hoping to find a record in Carcar because I knew great-grandma Gaudiosa's sister got married to a Carcaranon, Marcelino Ramos Tenchavez—affectionately called by us as Lolo Inô. Actually the Tenchavez are Cebu City family but his father got married in Carcar and that's that. He'd served as a councilor in Carcar at one time but eventually, Lolo Inô and his family even moved to Mindanao. In your family searches, you keep looking for the possibilities.

        Well, the other day I found the baptism of Vicente Tenchavez 8-Apr-1903.  His parents were Marcelino Tenchavez and Lucina Rodecindo, and Lucina's parents were right there--Nicolas (Rodecindo) and Placida Duterte!  Imagine my joy at knowing what even my own father never knew—his maternal great-grandparents…

        Then later I also found the burial records for two childhood deaths in my mother's family: that of her younger brother Porfirio (Jr.) in 1937 and younger sister Ana (Anita) in 1940.