New Members

  • PEARY JR. ALEONAR
    Message 1 of 36 , May 6, 2008
      Welcome to new Member No. 46 Marissa Barcelo-Bacon. She now resides in Chicago, Illinois, USA with her husband Nehito Bacon Jr. and their 4 children. She belongs to the big Barcelo clan and her husband to the Villarosa-Bacon family.

      And new Member No. 47,
      Joan Florido of the Alfafara-Florido clan of Carcar and Cebu. Joan wrote that she came across our group with a photo of her grandmother Mrs. Cecilia Alfafara-Florido, teacher of the Carcar Academy sophomore class 1939-40.

      This is especially intriguing because non-members are not supposed to see what's on the Photos and Files sections of the groupsite. We had reserved the pleasure of those two sections exclusively to ourselves as members.

      Anyway, Joan must be one of those shining examples that have presently made the Alfafaras one of the most well-known and -regarded, if not the, of all Carcar families. I hope she can update their family tree. Meanwhile, the Florido, one of the Parian families who arrived in Carcar, is as she wrote indeed related to me and my Yap family of Carcar. My great-great-grandmother was a Sofia Florido married to Juan Yap.

      I wish I can finally determine how Sofia Florido was related to Joan's great-great-grandfather Doroteo (AKA Timoteo) Florido, and the latter's father Ramon Florido. My hunch is Sofia is a younger sister of Ramon or older sister of Dorotea/Timoteo.

      Gosh, as carcarfamilies member, my own family tree is getting bigger but our world is getting smaller as at the same time, Marissa's mother is my fourth cousin in the Barcelo clan.

      Welcome!

    • Blossom Alesna-Morante
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 30, 2009
        Thanks for welcoming us! :)

        Just to let you know, our eldest sister, Lilac Alesna-Arcos, started the Group page "Alesna Clan on Facebook."
        Yes, it has been growing really fast, especially that a lot of our relatives are as eager as we are in finding our roots.

        We certainly hope to meet more of our relatives, especially in this Carcarfamilies Group.

        For everyone's information, we are the children of Carcar-bred parents, Teresita Pendon Campugan-Alesna and Jose Medel Alesna, Jr.
        Our mom "Tessie" lived in Gen. Luna and she went to St. Catherine's School. The family of our dad "Dodong" stayed at Awayan, where they used to make shoes.

        Thanks and best regards to all.

        Blossom