I have no forward bend - I can' tighten the rig.

  • LenCole
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 7:08 PM
      Steve,

      The original owner of #258 had a problem in which he could not tighten the rig. It turned out to be a compression injury between the mast step and the compression post. The interior liner above the compression post was bent upward. I can't figure out how to attach the scanned documents and drawings so I will email them directly to you. They include a description of the problem, Frank Butler's suggested repair method and a drawing of the owner's method. The cabin liner should be a straight even plane from for and aft and stbd and port. Is your interior liner deflected upward at the compression post?

      I rebedded my chainplate today and found the tension rods were both loose. The nuts were there but the lock washer was not compressed. I'll send you a picture of that as well. If I can figure out how to post the photos on the group site I will do that as well.

      Len Cole
      818-652-9844
      lencole01@...
    • splets@cox.net