Club Officer Needed

  • capri26owner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Capri 26 National Association Members,

      Hopefully everyone has had time to settle into the new year. I would like to propose that we hold a special election to fill the position of Commodore. This email is to start the process and notify the membership of the upcoming election. It has been several years since this position has been filled. Having a Commodore to lead the ship will keep on us on course and hopefully bring new ideas to keep us moving forward. I would like to propose that we hold elections over the coming weeks to fill this position.

      The following applies to officer positions:
      -The candidate must be a member in good standing (dues paid)
      -Willing to commit to filling the position for a term of at least one-year
      -A candidate can be self-nominated or nominated by another member
      -Each nominee must be seconded by another member

      In the event that we have multiple candidates, we will have a final vote using the Yahoo Group Polling feature to select the Commodore. Unless there are objections, I will send a call for nominations in the next couple of weeks, with a close-out of nomination on 28 February. Elections will follow in March. Please give some thought to your interest in filling this position.  Thanks,

      Mark Shockey
      Secretary/Treasurer
    • the saber Tooth Cave lamb
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
        Hi Mark,

        Is this one of those deals that if you are willing to do it, you obviously don't know what you are getting involved in???

        :)

        Richard
        S.V. Temptress

        > In the event that we have multiple candidates, we will have a final vote using the Yahoo Group Polling feature to select the Commodore. Unless there are objections, I will send a call for nominations in the next couple of weeks, with a close-out of nomination on 28 February. Elections will follow in March. Please give some thought to your interest in filling this position.  Thanks,
        >
        > Mark Shockey
        > Secretary/Treasurer

      • capri26owner
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
          Hi Richard,

          I don't think the Commodore job is that demanding. Like most volunteer positions, the job is what you make of it. Besides most of the heavy lifting is done by that poor Secretary/Treasurer guy. :)

          Mark
          Secretary/Treasurer

          From:"the saber Tooth Cave lamb" <cavelamb@...>
          Subject:[capri26] Re: Club Officer Needed
          Date:February 2, 2010 6:21:19 PM EST
          To:capri26@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
            Richard,
            It has been a long time since we have had a Commodore. The duties from what I remember were to promote the association, write an article for Mainsheet every quarter, referee  disputes within the association, and make certain all office positions are filled.