Re: [capri26] Impulsive

  • cavelamb
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 6, 2009
      Bob,
      I never did thank you for your kind words here, and
      I never did tell how I did that picture.

      Probably ought to leave it a mystery, but what the heck...
      It was a simple forced perspective - like done in the movies.
      The viewer only gets to see the scene from one point, so it's
      pretty simple to make that one view look right.
      I found a picture of the interior that gave me the right perspective
      and simply painted in the shelves...

      Ok, so that was then.

      This is now!
      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri26/index.htm#s-shelf

      Today was the First All-Up Fitting of the starboard shelf AND cabinet!

      This was just a fitting - not final installation.  I've spent the last several
      weeks laying out parts, picking off curves, and generally wondering what
      the heck I had bit off here.  But it all came together today, and I find I
      am pleased with the whole thing.

      This is starboard side only (at this time).  The cabinet doors are the same
      white sliding types as the rest of the boat.  I still need to make the tracks
      because I can't find a source for the proper sized "store bought" tracks.

      The mahogany that I've added is finished with a technique that I think I
      came up with by accident. (Don't think I've ever seen or read about it elsewhere).
      It's West epoxy - but the last coat is hand wiped - off (!).  NO resin is left on the
      wood - no puddles, no drips, no runs.  Which means no shiny spots.This gives the final finish a satin surface
      that looks and feels like wood rather than plastic.

      Port side will come next, but
      it is a lot more involved what with moving the electrical panel, radios, stereo,
      etc.

      Bob Unkel wrote:

      Richard:

      I don't know how you did the mock up, but it really looks nice!!!  Running the knees down to the lower existing shelf is  a good idea and will make it much stronger.  We kept the lower existing shelf open so we could store some telescoping poles for the sun shade we made and to keep the lightweight whisker pole down below. Your approach gives a good clean look. I like it!!!!

      Again, you do good work!!!!

      On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:52 PM, cavelamb wrote:

      --

      Richard Lamb

    • Artstree@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 17, 2009
        Richard:

        Could you send me some pics of your cabinet. I am working on the next article for Miansheet and thought I would include some shelf experiences.

        Art Harden, CCSA Commodore
        Sea Belle - Capri 26 ~#151
        937.885.9380 (o)
        937.477.5544 (m)

        Bob Unkel wrote:

        Richard:
        I don't know how you did the mock up, but it really looks nice!!!  Running the knees down to the lower existing shelf is  a good idea and will make it much stronger.  We kept the lower existing shelf open so we could store some telescoping poles for the sun shade we made and to keep the lightweight whisker pole down below. Your approach gives a good clean look. I like it!!!!

        Again, you do good work!!!!

        On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:52 PM, cavelamb wrote:

        --

        Richard Lamb

        http://www.home. earthlink. net/~cavelamb/

      • cavelamb
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 17, 2009
          I'd be happy to, Art.
          How soon do you need them?

          I'm about to do the final install the starboard side,
          and have just returned from the boat after first trial fit on
          port side.

          I haven't done any finals yet because of the temperature.
          But that won't last long down here...

          Richard

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 17, 2009
            before the end of the month would be great. Thanks

            Art Harden
            CCSA Commodore
            Sea Belle - Capri 26 #151
            937.477.5544 (m)
          • cavelamb
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 17, 2009
              Ok, I'll have some ready for you this weekend.
              The ones I have been taking are all construction photos, and have junk laying around
              everywhere.  I'd like a chance to clean up the clutter and make her look presentable.

              Anything in particular you'd like to see?

              I'm assuming digital would be ok.
              What size and resolution?

              Where to send them to?
              Artstree@...?

              BTW, Dorothy said, "Cool!".

              Richard

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 18, 2009
                I would like the progress photos as well if you don't mind.

                Art Harden
                CCSA Commodore
                Sea Belle - Capri 26 #151
                937.477.5544 (m)

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 18, 2009
                    I am writing one on measuring and cutting for winter projects. Anything along those lines would be helpful

                    Art Harden, CCSA Commodore
                    Sea Belle - Capri 26 ~#151
                    937.885.9380 (o)
                    937.477.5544 (m)

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 18, 2009

                      THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR WORK, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT.!!!

                      Splets
                      Satin Sheets

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009
                        The following link will come back to the group's photo section to show a couple of photos of the new
                        interior mods I've worked up for my boat.

                        http://preview.tinyurl.com/yz2lnfs
                        or (if it doesn't wrap and break?)

                        Please note that there is still quite a bit of work to be done - trim pieces, final installation, alignment, etc.
                        Heck, last night I was still gluing and painting!

                        The port side shelf is not fitting properly yet, and none of the wiring has been put right.
                        Blame all the discrepancies  on Art for wanting pics this weekend!

                        But in all seriousness, I'm pleased (yes), but also relieved that it's coming together well and looking good.
                        I think, in the end, it's going to be ok.

                        Thanks,

                        Richard
                        S.V. Temptress

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 22, 2009
                          Good Job!!!!! Lots of new ideas and well done mods!!

                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/capri26/ photos/album/ 475134905/ pic/955590899/ view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc